Exclusively for Students!
If you’re leaving home for college or university, then car insurance may not be at the top of your ‘to do’ list. But finding the right cover for your car could save you money, and may help your student loan go further. Car insurance for young drivers can be expensive, we can look at the cheapest coverâs that are available and help you save money.
We search a panel of top UK insurance providers to get you the cheapest quote.
Our student car policies include:
- Aged 18 – 24 with a full UK licence being held for at least one year
- Annual mileage less than 12,000
- Driver only or Driver plus a Named Driver* (parent and/or partner)
- Must have been a resident in the UK for 3 years
The car you drive
The age, model and engine size of your car will all affect the cost of your motor insurance. Generally, the smaller and less powerful the car, the cheaper the policy should be.
Levels of car insurance cover
- Third Party only â a basic level of cover for claims made against you by other people following an accident. It covers your liability for injury to others and damage to their property
- Third Party Fire and Theft â provides the same level of protection as third party only, but also covers your vehicle against fire damage or theft
- Comprehensive â provides all of the above, and includes accidental damage cover for your own car, plus other benefits such as cover for personal possessions or medical expenses
Third Party Fire and Theft is usually not much more expensive than Third Party only, but it provides important cover against fire and car theft. If you’re a student in a large city then cover against theft is worth considering.
Think about your mileage
If you reduce your annual mileage by living closer to the college or university campus then you are likely to receive cheaper car insurance quotes.
Keeping your car off the roadside at night, or better still in a locked garage, could contribute to a lower premium. If you have to park on the street outside your student accommodation, then park in a well-lit area and do not leave any valuables in the vehicle that can attract thieves.
If you’re living off campus in an area where you’re concerned about car theft, it may be worth installing extra security devices to your car. Insurance companies can give youÂ adviceÂ â tracking devices and immobilisers are likely to attract a discount on your premium.
Car insurance is a legal requirement in the UK and if you donât have it, you could be punished with a driving ban or hefty fine. Not to mention you wonât have adequate protection for yourself.
- Replacement Vehicle for Non-Fault Claims
If the accident wasnât your fault, receive a replacement vehicle to keep you on the road
- Immediate Cover
You are protected immediately with our car Insurance, so you can start driving straightaway
- Flexible Payment Options
ensurecover help you pay for cover in the best way for you â letting you plan your expenses in advance so you are comfortable with making payments
- Protected No Claims Bonus
The fastest way of getting a quote from ensurecover is to give us a quick call.Â If you would like to discuss one of our car insurance policies.
Alternatively, complete our online quote form where we will receive your quote and call you back.